Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So much for people-friendly work ethics...

Just a quick post before my frustrations are drowned.

I went out with my friend who had opened his salon to help him with some licensing applications.  It's needed before he can legally advertise his services.  Accordingly, all the necessary paperwork have been done before the submission.

We followed the usual procedure of taking a number and waiting our turn.  There were quite a number of people, and 15 counters were open.  Although the counters dealing with quit rent payment seemed busy, they did their work efficiently.  But that was for about 5 counters only.  The rest... seemed almost non-working.

Maybe they have their own system, I don't know.  But those workers manning the "free counters" could have made it less ingratiatingly obvious by not talking away and watching the tv screens.  Some were even imitating the dance movements they were seeing on the screen. And giggling away... It was like they couldn't care less about anyone.

When finally our turn came, the officer said the application was incomplete!!  So we had to go away and complete what they needed.  Then when we approached the counter again, (a different one, but for the same purpose for licensing), the other officer said something else was missing...!!

After that, we decided, it's best to ask exactly what else they wanted at one go rather than shuttling back and forth..  I lost my cool..

I mean.. they are supposed to help the people.  If that was "help" then I really can't see how we are EVER going to move forward at a faster pace.  And to think I pay my bi-yearly quit rent on time.. so that they can dilly-dally..  WTF!!!??

(Please note I write this while still fuming mad... maybe I'll cool down.. perhaps)

.

No comments: