Friday, January 1, 2010

Edi's update..

Just a quick update on this first day of the new year.

I just spoke to Edi a few minutes ago to wish him a happy new year and to catch up on things since I last called him 2 days ago.  His voice is even better than the other day and sounded very much more like his normal voice.  He was at a neighbour's house for a new year BBQ but came back for a short while since he knew I would be calling.  He'll be going back to the BBQ after our phone conversation.

After his discharge from the rehab centre, he has been improving steadily and can now move around the sister's house much on his own.  He has even begun to prepare simple soups on his own, since he knows exactly what herbs he needs.  His mental processes are totally fine because he can remember exactly where he keeps each individual skin lotion and ointment he wanted me to find and give to his brother, to be taken back to Melbourne.

Apart from other details, I told him about the single bed that Mike, Raymond and I saw at Ikea the other day, and he agreed that if I think it is suitable, he'll want it to replace his old bed.  Also, I relayed to him what William told me about the SIM card meant for international calls that he left with Vivien when he visited Edi at St.Vincent's Hospital.  William said it's so much cheaper to use that card to call outside Australia and can be topped up at any 7-Eleven there.

He sends his new year greetings to everyone, and asked me to convey the same message to my brother's family and my relatives when I next see them.


No comments: