Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thursday.....

Finally ~~~
Edi is back home at his sister's house this afternoon.  I spoke with him over the phone at 3:00pm Malaysian time.  His voice still is a bit soft but it isn't as raspy as before when I heard him via William's phone some weeks ago.  I can sense he gets a little out of breath with the effort to talk more or louder, so I told him not to speak louder.

I summarised everything that had happened at the home front to update him with news.  And one of the very first things he asked was whether I have been keeping my glucose level under control.  I have to assure him everything is fine thus far, and for him not to worry at all. In fact, I made sure he understood the only task he should have is to recover fully.  He said that due to his being bedridden for so long, most of his muscles have shrunk (he lost 6kg), and that's what he has to address for now.

He wants everyone to know he is really thankful for all the support and prayers that have been offered, and actually he said,"Please tell everyone that the queen isn't quite ready to go public as yet".  I could hear him giggle at his own words atlhough a little breathlessly.  I was laughing away...

I will be calling him on alternate days at around the same time (3:00pm Malaysian time).  So if any of you guys want to tell him anything, please let me know.  His internet access will only come about probably early next year.  He also said that tentatively he may be coming back in April / May because that's the time his brother will also be coming to KL again.  I did say to him he should recover fully and take his time to do so if he feels it is better to recuperate there.

By the way, if you guys (Fook Seng and Derrick) are reading this, please be informed Edi has agreed to the planned "makeover" of both kitchen and his bedroom !!  The only thing he insisted is that the new bed must NOT be a big bed.  He sounded quite pleased at the propspect of a new look at home since he had already in his mind to get rid of some stuff around the house.  So I guess we have to get cracking soon enough..

Ok guys, I will continue at the next posting on any other updates at home AND abroad...  :)

In the meantime,  Edi and I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year..

And here is a card I received from Pat of Sydney-


No comments: