Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday : an update from Melbourne..

Vivien sent this email yesterday (Tuesday) actually, but I was out until late afternoon with Mike and Raymond from Penang and only read it late last night.  I was rather tired and decided not to go to Lowyat this morning.  Raymond said he informed Mike vis MSN to cancel the trip.

This morning I asked Raymond to help out in sweeping the floors and then to mop it.  It's been almost more than a month since it was done last.  It would have taken me almost half a day to do it alone, but he did it in only a couple of hours.

In the meantime I also took the opportunity to wash the heavier laundry and put my pillows out in the sun.  Hope it won't rain yet till later in the afternoon (as it usually does these days).

Here is the extract from Vivien's email:

"Hi guys, Edi is eating well.  In fact, he wants to cook curry !!  He still feels frustrated that he gets breathless easily but I remind him that it's been less than a week since leaving hospital.  We go for walks, he does some cooking, in fact he cut his hair this morning but he does need some assistance as he's still weak.  He now weighs 48'ish kgs and it hurts me somewhat when I look at his thin body.  But he is on the mend, thankfully.  The days are getting warmer and he likes sitting in the shade just outside the back door to soak up the heat.

Two days ago he asks for a broom to sweep the floor, because he feels that it will be good gentle exercise.  I agree except that I vacuum not sweep with a broom and the vac cleaner is too heavy for him.  He continues to do his physio exercises and can help me with light pruning of my rose bushes.  Last evening we listened to music from his mobile phone and discussed briefly the Beijing Chinese opera performance in Paris.  Soon enough, he will leave for KL and I want to treasure my time with him in Melb.

Bye for now.  Have a blessed 2010."


I have started to call Edi in the afternoons Malaysian time since Christmas eve.  The arrangement is that I call him (its cheaper using my Digi line to call Vivien's land-line) every other day to keep each other abreast of any developments.  The other day he asked me to get 3 DVD titles which he wants to see and probably I will go with Terry to the usual Sunday pasar malam to look for them.


No comments: