Monday, December 14, 2009

Update for Monday (2)...

Surprise~! Vivien sent another email. She says it is such good news that she can't wait until tomorrow to send it.  So here it is...

"Mon, 14/12/09 - 2.40 pm visit
I'd bought a box of fried keow teow (rice flat noodles) with chicken, chives and fish cake on my way into hospital.  Edi only wanted 3 large spoonfuls; well he had twice the amount.  While it wasn't as tasty (ie, smoky) as what he's used to in KL, it was good enough.  I put aside a small tub for his consumption tomorrow.  The small kitchen has a fridge for patients to bring in their own food.  So, he will have herbal chicken soup and fried keow teow tomorrow.

He suddenly suggested to have a photo taken of him having the noodles and there was this small lovely smile on his face.  I feel it came about from a sense of well being, as in"I'm on the mend".  My mobile phone rang during this mid-afternoon "snack" and it was Frances, the occupational therapist.  She came to meet up with us within 2 minutes and conducted an evaluation of how my home is set up for Edi's eventual discharge.  I don't think there will not be much of a hazzle where our home is concerned for his return.  However, she may see fit to come out and check how Edi moves around on his own prior to his discharge - if she feels that Edi's not making as much progress as they hope.  His PT (physiotherapy) schedule is pinned on the board behind his bed now: only 5 sessions in a week (Mon-Fri) in the morning - 45 mins each!  I thought it would be two sessions x 5 days !

Next, she wants a food shopping list from Edi tomorrow.  On Wed, she would like Edi to cook a meal, one that he normally has at home.  What might you want me to cook?  How many ingredients should I use?  It's up to you, Edi.  Cook me a normal meal.  Frances will judge how he copes with that and hence, when he's ready to go home.

So much for now.  BTW, I am likely to reduce news details on Edi from hereon because there is much work to do before RMIT closes for the Christmas break.  I don't want to be still working from home when my leave commences on Christmas eve.  I normally don't mind working a bit during the holidays but would prefer not to because of Edi's situation."




No comments: