Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's been a week....

The past 1 week has been a roller-coaster for me and friends of Edi. Besides praying and thinking positively for his recovery and well-being, there really isn't much we can do physically. The only course of action we can take is to provide one another with emotional support.

I am touched by the kind words and simple acts of all the friends who are concerned not only for Edi's situation, but also for my well-being. It is in times like this that one is forced to take stock of oneself.

It will be a downright lie if I say that I am perfectly fine. I can feel that I am not, although I'd like to think that I am, and I try to portray myself as OK to friends.  There is no point in adding to their worries and concerns.

The fact remains that ever since I knew of Edi's initial mild heart attack and his subsequent impending bypass operation, I had been on an edge many, many times. I can't begin to describe how I felt on the day of his surgery.  And I can empathise completely with the way his brother and sister are feeling.

Today, it has been exactly a week since his surgery.  There are still some post-surgical complications and he has been responding slowly but steadily to whatever treatment that are being given to him.  More tests are being carried out even as I write this to determine any other effects to his body.

I have been forcing myself to look at the whole situation in a very detached manner.  It's the only way to see things more objectively and clearly.  And to react in a more positive way. I can moan and mope, but it will not serve anyone any good.

To all friends out there who are reading this blog, I sincerely hope you too will have the patience and tenacity to always think and feel positively for him...

..p/s : today is the 1st day of the Chinese lunar month.  I have asked a friend to light a joss stick for Edi. We will all continue to pray for him in our ways...

 

No comments: