Sunday, November 22, 2009

The weekend...

After the good news over Friday and Saturday, a sense of calm descended upon the mind.  Two friends came by early on Saturday and fetched me for a short outing to Ikea.  We had breakfast there, the first hearty one I've had in a few days.

Time flies when the mind is not pre-occupied with worries and anxieties.  By the time we finished our "stroll" through the cavernous store, it was almost 6 hours later.  We ate hotdogs and curry-puffs before heading for home.

It rained soon after I got home to unpack and assemble the table-lamp I bought.  It was only then I discovered I didn.t buy a bulb to go with it.  I did buy 5 other bulbs, but they were meant for normal ceiling lights...

I had switched on the radio softly the whole day I was away to Edi's favourite station.  Actually it is the only station that the old radio can receive no matter how we tried tuning it. But luckily it's the station that we both like because of the non-intrusive music it plays ( yeah....  oldies). It provides some measure of relaxation I guess..

Today (Sunday), I did the laundry after putting it on hold for almost two weeks.  Better to wash a bigger load then to do it piecemeal.  Besides, the weather had been rather wet for many days already. Today it was unfortunately not sunny at all and I had to dry the washing indoors. But I didnt mind it much. It gave me a bit more things to organise and do.

And the whole day I was listening to the same station again.  Maybe its nostalgia, maybe it's just the soothing non-abrasive music.  But I was humming softly to the songs I am familiar with. As they say, music can soothe the mind... and let's hope the coming days will bring more good news...


1 comment:

Chris said...

Edi, you've done it! Gone and proved that your friends and family were right in their belief in your fast recovery. You've done well, thank God. Steady does it, Edi. I continue praying for you. Looking forward to when they say you're to be discharged from the hospital to go home and recuperate. And isn't it a wonderful job the med staff are doing? Our local ones are like nowhere near them. You're in very good hands indeed :-)

And this is for you Edi - GIVE ME AN 'E', GIVE ME A 'D', GIVE ME AN 'I' ---- EDI!!!!!