Sunday, November 15, 2009

On days like this.......

Two friends came by to see me yesterday and we went out for a simple meal.  For me it was a welcome break from being at home.

We went to a Chinese-muslim restaurant nearby and ordered different noodles.  We topped it with an additional serving of rojak and cuttle-fish cooked with those hot dried chillies.  And we chatted of course, catching up on news and latest developments regarding Edi.

It was while they were at my home that I received that latest bit of news from Edi's sister (see the previous update posting).  We were also discussing the various things that I could do in the meantime.  My friend also offered to do a make-over of the old lazy-chair that Edi uses when he wants to take a quick nap.  It had been his father's resting chair from years gone by.  I agreed since he had at some point said he wanted to have a change of the canvas material which was getting on with age.

Also, since there are a lot of old stuff lying about, my friend offered to help if I want to clear them up a bit.  I declined because almost all of it are things which Edi uses and only he would know what he wants to keep or throw out.  There was once years ago I did throw out some things which I thought were not necessary.  And when Edi found I did that, he just quietly sat down and cried silently.

That shattered me, and I vowed never to do it again without his express permission..

I have since gotten used to the things he keeps around the house.  Actually it does make me feel that he is around, strange though it may sound. The only drawback is trying to explain to friends who drop by to visit..

I hope today there will be some better news about him.  I gather from his sister's emails that their eldest sister from Hong Kong and her daughter would be flying to Melbourne (arriving yesterday actually).  Probably they are all visiting him at the hospital today.

Let us all still pray for his recovery...

No comments: