Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday updates...

I am putting up these quick email updates I received from Edi's sister this morning.  I am not too sure of the implications of his latest condition, but I will pray that his CT scan this afternoon will show only positive results..

Update 1
"They tried reducing sedation this morning and again, Edi's response was negative - b/p and heart rate went up.  We are seeing the doctor at 11 am local time."


Update 2
"We didn't get to talk to the doctor as they decided to see us after a CT scan that's been scheduled at 2 pm today.  We will ring at 3.30 pm to get an appointment with the doc.  The nurse was saying that perhaps Edi's brain is a bit swollen in which case, a good case scenario and it's a matter of waiting for the swelling to go down.  Or he could have had a stroke.  We will wait for the result of the CT scan.  It's looking more likely that they will perform a trachea... nomy (spelling?).  This reduces the risk of lung infection.

I saw Edi yawned twice this afternoon*; the first time it scared me a bit, thinking he was in pain.  Anthony, the nurse said Edi had also opened his eyes when Anthony called his name.  We will continue to give him reassurances in various ways; thanks, Terry for your ideas."





* : I think his sister meant yesterday afternoon on this point.




No comments: